One of the highest populated cities in California, San Francisco is a beautiful city with many fantastic attractions. I’ve had the pleasure of visiting San Francisco twice, so I attest to that sentiment.
San Francisco is a beautiful city on the bay which has great food, cool temps, and is one of the few cities lined with staircases on its streets.
Assuming you have a chance to travel to San Francisco, here are a few attractions you won’t want to miss:
1) Golden Gate bridge (a bright orange, suspension bridge that crosses the Golden Gate which connects the bay to the Ocean)
2) Alcatraz (infamous, island prison where super g-men such as Al Capone were housed)
3) San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (home to masterpieces from artists such as Jackson Pollack and Paul Klee)
4) Fisherman’s Wharf (a major tourist attraction on the San Francisco waterfront that has Ghirardelli Square, a wax museum, fresh seafood, and much more)
5) Chinatown (California and San Francisco in general have large Asian populations so it’s no surprise they have great Chinese food. You can find tasty dim sum and other Asian delicacies)
What about traveling to San Francisco? I live in Miami and researched flight/hotel info using Expedia. I was able to find a deal for less than $650 per person which included airfare and a three-night stay in a mid-level hotel. Considering the high cost of flying to the West Coast, that’s a relatively good deal. If you have the means, I would certainly consider flying there for your next vacation.
San Francisco is a great city, with wonderful weather, that will amaze you at every turn. The hilly streets and cable cars help to define this unique city in California.