Ah, Madrid. It’s one of my favorite European cities. And definitely one of the top destinations in Spain.
If you have a chance to visit, here are some places to see and things to do:
1) El Museo Prado (one of the best museums in Madrid)
2) Retiro park (a gorgeous park with trees, fountains, a lake, and much more)
3) Any cafeteria (or small restaurant/bar) which serves tapas
4) Day trip to Granada to see La Alhambra (Spanish castle)
5) Day trip to Toledo
6) El Rastro (outdoor market)
7) Go to Plaza de toros for a bullfight (not for the faint of heart!)
These are my suggestions. But check out this more comprehensive list of almost 300 Madrid attractions for more ideas.